2 tablespoons olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
500g pork mince
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
750g jar tomato passata sauce
2 bay leaves
¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
400g spaghetti grated parmesan and basil leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softening.
- Add pork mince and garlic. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato passata and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti. Toss spaghetti through the Bolognese sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and basil leaves and serve.